Grand Cayman Scuba Diving
PADI Advanced Open Water
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences.
They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving(typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, night diving, underwater naturalist, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
Start the Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is part of PADI eLearning®. The Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online gets you started right now with the background information you need for seven of the most popular Adventure Dives. To sign up for e-learning, all you have to do is follow this link:
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
We complete the AOW course over 2 days and the price is $300. This includes the 5 dives (night dive can be chosen for $75 extra), transfers from your hotel or condo along Seven Mile Beach, all equipment needed for the course, one on one instruction and all certification processing.